Eliminate Toxic Black Mold!

Mold exposure doesn’t always present a health problem indoors. Yet some people are allergic to molds. These individuals can experience symptoms like nasal stuffiness, eye irritation, wheezing, or skin irritation when exposed to molds. Some people might have more severe reactions to molds. Severe reactions may occur among workers exposed to large amounts of molds in occupational settings, like farmers working around moldy hay. Severe reactions may include fever and shortness of breath. Immunocompromised persons and persons with chronic lung diseases like COPD are at increased risk for opportunistic infections and might develop fungal infections in their lungs.

How to Remove Molds?

In most cases mold can be removed from hard surfaces by a thorough cleaning with commercial products, soap and water, or a bleach solution of 1 cup of bleach in 1 gallon of water. Absorbent or porous materials such as ceiling tiles, shingles, and carpet might need to be thrown away if they become moldy. If you’ve got an extensive amount of mold and you don’t believe that you can manage the cleanup on your own, you might choose to contact a professional with experience in cleaning mold in buildings and houses. It is necessary to properly wash and dry the area as you can have an allergic reaction to elements of the dead mold and mold contamination can recur if there is still a supply of moisture.

If you choose to use bleach to clean up mold:

1. Never mix bleach with ammonia. Mixing bleach and ammonia can produce dangerous, toxic fumes.

2. Open windows and doors to provide fresh air.

3. Wear non-porous gloves and protective eye wear.

4. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions when using bleach or any other cleaning product.

Specific Recommendations to prevent Mold:

1. Keep humidity level in house between 40% and 60 percent.

2. Use air conditioner or a dehumidifier during humid months.

3. Make sure that the home has adequate ventilation, including exhaust fans in kitchen and baths.

4. Use mold inhibitors which can be added to paints.

5. Clean toilet with mold-killing products.

6. Don’t carpet bathrooms.

7. Remove and replace flooded carpets.

Toxic mould spores can become airborne through the cleaning. Before cleaning starts, the affected area should be comprised and HVAC systems must be closed down to prevent the pollutants from spreading.

Each area affected by mould must be individually contained. Use plastic sheeting and duct tape to seal doorways, vents, and other openings.

Where possible, place an exhaust fan in a window that’s open to the outside to direct air flow and mould spores outside.

To limit health risks and reduce the spread of mould spores guarantee dust levels are kept to a minimum. Air purifiers or Ionizers can be used to lessen airborne particulate.

Request A Quote

Related Products:

Get an instant quote from our most experienced consultants